PROJECT CONSORTIUM: ASSOCIAZIONE OTTOVOLANTE (Italy – Coordinator), ASOCIATIA A.R.T. FUSION (Romania), SERVICE CIVIL INTERNATIONAL SRI LANKA (SriLanka), DISHA INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION TRUST (India), CIRCULO RAICES SARDAS (Argentina), MAGISTRA FOUNDATION (Uruguay), AFRICAN CENTRE FOR DEVELOPMENT AND RESEARCH (Nigeria), ASSOCIACAO LUARTE (Mozambique)
The main need that this project wants to answer to is the lack of advanced intercultural working competencies and sensitivity in youth work field and especially of the ones active and working in international, multicultural or global settings.
The structure of the project is to combine international mobility and local activities. Each international meeting will be followed by local activities as follows:
- Kick-off meeting, in Uruguay
- Local research and selection of multipliers
- First training for developing intercultural competencies, in Sri Lanka (27 participants)
- Local Practice Phase – deliver intercultural learning workshops/sessions for at least 1200 young people (at least 150 in each country)
- Second training for assessment of practice phase, advance competencies and development of new tools in ICL, in Romania (27 participants)
- Local Practice Phase – put in practice the new tools developed in a new series of ICL workshops for at least 1200 young people (at least 150 in each country)
- Final evaluation meeting, in Nigeria
- Local dissemination and follow-up activities
Each of these activities (local/international) represents also the main milestones of the project – each being related to the previous one and depending on it.
The main goal of this project is to increase the level of intercultural competent, sensitive and quality youth work field.
More specific Objectives that will contribute to achieve the main aim:
- To increase/upgrade the knowledge level of youth workers from 4 continents in Intercultural Learning Topics (culture, identity, prejudices, stereotypes, assumptions, relativism, communication, clashes, intercultural sensitivity);
- To develop the practical skills of youth workers in working and managing quality intercultural learning process in international projects with young people;
- To upgrade skills in managing and facilitating intercultural encounters in youth work (international volunteering, exchanges, local projects in multicultural settings, trainings, etc.);
- To develop high intercultural sensitive attitudes in youth work field;
- To empower youth workers to act as responsible intercultural sensitive actors in international field and project ;
- To contribute to a deep understanding of the global settings and influence on the cultural awareness and features of young people;
- To provide a space for sharing best practices among youth organization in youth cooperation field;
- To increase the level of innovation and creativity in youth work field;
- To increase the level of professionalism and quality of youth work;
- To stimulate long term involvement of beneficiaries youth organizations in international (and intercontinental) projects;
- To stimulate mobility of youth workers between continents and within the continents;
- To motivate all the beneficiaries (direct and indirect) to act as responsible active global citizens in their day to day life;
- To encourage participation of young people in social process.
The process of the project is driven by the experiential learning principles, having a very strong practical components and adequate time and methods for reflection, feedback, self-assessment and extraction of the learning points that will be transferred in the future. The values of non-formal education are intended to be part of the process of the management as well.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.